Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Blessings. ♡

Recently, Caden and I shared our Patriarchal blessings with one another. We have talked about it since before he left but wanted to wait until we both had them to share. Once I received mine, we both prayed about it to seek direction as to whether we should share them now or once he was home. Clearly, we both got similar answers because that is just what we did.

Caden surprised me with his! The day after I got my blessing, I was talking to Caden's parents about it and Caden's came up and I said how I wanted to read it and what not, and his dad was jokingly like "Well.. let's go get it!" Haha. Of course we didn't, but I told Caden about what was said. Then, about a month later, I was over talking to his parents and his mom left the room and came back and handed his dad an envelope. I was pretty confused at this point, but he handed it to me and it was Caden's blessing!! Caden had planned with his parents to have his dad give it to me because of that joke the previous month. I was shocked. I was so emotional that his mom actually had to read it to me the first time.. haha. Needless to say, I was so happy.

Especially after Caden knew I had read his blessing he was dying to know when I was going to let him do the same. I kept playing it off and I think he kind of just let it go and knew I'd share it when I thought it was right. With his birthday package, at the very bottom, I sent my blessing to surprise him. His reaction and thoughts are way too special to me to share on here but it was absolutely the right time. (:

It's funny because what I thought was special before has completely 360'd and become that much more important to me. This guy is my very best friend and I'm so glad that we can share all of our most sacred experiences with eachother even so far apart. It couldn't be more clear that I'd love to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you Caden. ♡

I'm so glad we got some of our reaction on camera. Photo Cred to: Trav and Elder Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment