Sunday, March 30, 2014

《Testimony Meetings》

As I walked into the chapel for Sacrament meeting today, I was expecting another typical Sunday. To my surprise, it was fast and testimony meeting.

Testimony meetings in YSA wards are different. The gospel is still the same, the spirit is still the same, but the words spoken are much closer to home.

Everyone in that chapel has a different story. Some are converts, some members since the womb, some are loud, some soft spoken, some single & happy, some wondering why the right one hasn't come along. All have beautiful, unique, growing and powerful testimonies.

My favorite part about testimony meeting is getting to see that amongst all of the trial, sin, tribulation and hardship, there is something indescribable in that room. The spirit that is found there is unlike anything else. There isn't any pressure  to stand up and speak. Nope. Those testimony's are sincere. Even though I hardly know anyone in my new ward I feel so close to each and every one of them throughout that hour.

Our trials, fears, doubts, troubles and hardships are what build our testimony's. If everything was perfect since the start, how would we grow? Honestly think about that for a minute. Think of every trial you've encountered, and what has come of it. If the sunshine hasn't come yet, it will. I promise you that. Our Heavenly Father will never give you anything you cannot handle.

If you feel you're walking through this life alone, remember sometimes you must ask to be carried.

Your Savior loves you. He loves me. It doesn't matter where you've been, or what you've been through. His love is unconditional. No matter how many times you fall, you can always get back up and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment