Thursday, December 4, 2014

{ONE YEAR}

Ooohh baby, we're halfway there!!

To say I'm excited about this is a definite understatement. 

Today, I've waited for you for 365 days. This journey that we've been put on wasn't something I asked for; or even something I wanted to do. But this past year, I realized it was what I needed. What we needed. 

This year I have finally come to understand "if you love someone, let them go." Before you left, I had no idea what the heck that meant. However, since you've been gone, I know. I loved you before you left. I was in love with you and I knew you were it for me. Then you had to leave and I thought that was the end of the world. Through many sleepless nights, some I never want to repeat, and others where everything felt perfect, I fell in love with you all over again.

You see, when you "lose" something that you love and care about so much, you start to realize why. You realize all of the little things that you thought you noticed before. You find pages and pages of sloppy handwriting reasons why that person was the best thing that even happened to you. 

A year ago, I loved you. & Today, I feel the same. Except maybe x1000 or so. I can't believe we've made it this far, but at the same time I know I couldn't have not made it either. But we've done this. We've continued our individual lives, changed, and grown together in so many ways. I'm happy that we only have 365 more days, but you know I'd wait for you for the rest of my life. 

I love you, Elder Madsen. Thank you for allowing me to take part on this journey of yours and watch you become the man I've always known you were. You have impressed me and inspired me every single day and I know the people you come in contact with feel the very same way. You truly are changing lives out there and I wouldn't want you to be anywhere else. I love you, Caden. Happy Hump Day. (;

No comments:

Post a Comment