Friday, October 17, 2014

Called To Serve

One year ago today, Caden was called to be Elder Madsen in the Tulsa, Oklahoma mission, leaving just six weeks later on December 4th 2013.

That day was so emotional. 

He received his call from the first presidency the day before and that's when everything became real. He waited until the next day to open it so that his entire family could make it.

The next morning before he opened his call, we and some of our cute friends spent the day at Frightmares at Lagoon. It was so much fun and I'm so glad we made it. However, we were both anxious as can be the entire day.

When we got to his house that night it was packed with all of the many people who love and support Caden. It was so fun to see all of the support he was given! He's kind of a catch.

Caden read his call and everyone hollered and cheered as he read where he'd be the next two years. I was good until he said December 4th then I really lost it. That was so soon. Lucky for me his cute sister was there to pick up the pieces.

This was a day that we will both never forget. This was the start of the best six weeks of my entire life. Being on a time bomb like that with the person you love really puts things in perspective. I found something within those few weeks that I knew I wasn't going to lose. Especially not just because we were far apart.

Those weeks were hard; lots of tears took place here. How does one prepare to say goodbye to their bestfriend? Somehow, we did it. & We are still doing it and I am SOOO proud of him. He is seriously a killer missionary.  I'm totally jealous of the people he gets to teach each day. I love you Caden! Look how far we've come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment