Friday, December 13, 2013

Our story.

Alright, first of all welcome to my blog! I hope you guys enjoy it. I will try and be good about keeping this up to date (:
 
SO. My name is McKayla, and his name is Caden. Our story is no fairytale, but I kinda sorta love it. So Caden and I met at work. We both started working at Cafe Zupas, on the same day, and started training at the same location back in July of 2011. We clicked immediately -as best friends- and became really close from the very beginning. However, we were n o t dating. I actually met another guy the same day I met Caden, and dated him until December of that year,  and my best friend Kaylee had called dibs on Caden anyway. Kaylee really like him, so the two of them and me and my boyfriend would hang out and even "doubled" once. Apparently,  Caden had feelings for me that whole time,  but I had no idea. We continued to be really close friends for about a year and helped eachother out with advice, relationships, family problems, etc. Then in August 2012, he finally told me that he liked me. Our cousins Kelsey and Wyatt were also really close friends and joked about setting us up. One day while I was at Kelsey's, and he was at Wyatt's which they happen to be neighbors, we hung out. Wyatt and Caden had joked about us kissing, but then when I was leaving and he walked me to my car, we did. We kissed. Barely. It was no mack session that's for sure, but it was definitely a kiss. After that I wasn't really sure yet. From then on we started dating -going on dates- and I started to like him more and more. This continued until about November, when he got into a relationship. I hated this girl. And he knew it. It put a huge crash on our friendship. In January he finally realized how horrible she was to him, and got out of that toxic relationship. HALLELUJAH. He admitted that I was right, and we continued being friends. And.. smooched a time or two or three. We got back to the best friendship that we had by like April (2013). This, is when things got good. By the end of May we were hanging out again and talking about how we still had feelings for each other. Things were still hard though because I was still in high school and he worked mornings, and I worked nights. (STILL at Zupas)
 
So, I graduated June 4th and that's when "we" began. He took me on a cute little date after graduation and that night I knew this time something was different. From day one he told me we couldn't be serious. Mainly because 1. his parents advised not to 2. he hadn't had a ton of dating experience,  so he wanted some before his mission so that once he's back he'd be ready to be serious 3. he wanted to leave on his mission asap and needed to focus on that . Obviously,  that plan didn't work out. Haha! So from June until like September we were not official. We, well mainly he, was still occasionally going on other dates. But basically,  we were together. He told me he loved me June 29th, 2013 and well.. I didn't say anything back.. I always sucked at that. But, I wanted to know for sure. A couple weeks later, I knew. Without a doubt. We enjoyed our summer together and grew closer than I thought was possible. We were always together, and I supported him going on other dates because I knew that it would either make him realize we weren't right,  and I could move on now rather than wait around for two years and then him realize. OR it would solidify the feelings and relationship that we have. Luckily, it was definitely the second one. He was so honest about everything -sometimes I knew more than I wanted at the time- but I am so grateful he was. At this point the only thing keeping us from being official was the mission.
 
Then one day, out of the blue, he told me he KNEW that I was the one. He knew that it was pointless for him to keep dating anyone else because he knew he would never find someone who was me. He told me he was in love with me and nothing would change that. I had supported him going on a mission since day one. And I knew that it would be hard getting myself into something serious right before he was planning to leave, but I loved him so much that there was no second guessing that it was what I wanted to do. I'm so glad this day happened. ♥
 
From then on, we got more and more serious. We were inseparable. And I wouldn't change that even a little bit. I grew to love his family, and he the same with mine. In October, he got his mission call to Tulsa, Oklahoma leaving just six weeks later. Knowing he was leaving so soon was the hardest thing ever. But I knew what he was doing was something he had worked so hard for and wanted more than anything and I was so proud of him and his decision.
 
Those six weeks were the best of my entire life. I fell more and more in love with him each and every day. I knew, he was worth this. We had talked about waiting, he had asked me to, but nothing was ever set promised. He told me to do whatever I needed to do to be happy, whether that meant dating when he was gone or not. However, he made it clear he'd rather me not. As time went on, I knew as he knew before, that in no way would I EVER find someone who I loved more, treated me better, or in any way better than Caden. We had already talked about our future and getting married for some time now, but now more than ever. That was all the two of us wanted. Why would I want to lose that.
 
So our story started a new chapter on December 4th 2013. This is the day he left. The third was the day I said goodbye,  and it was the hardest thing in the world. But, I wouldn't want him anywhere else. He makes me the happiest girl in the world and I love him so much. So, there is our story. In future posts I will keep you updated on this next chapter. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment