Thursday, December 26, 2013

Skype. ♥

Christmas couldn't have come any slower!  I had waited for this day since the day Caden left. Christmas eve I spent with his family making gingerbread houses and gingermen and then spent the night just talking and catching up. It was such a good time spending with them. I look forward to doing that every year from now on. (: Also, they do this thing where they make goals and read them the next year. We read Caden's from last year, and it was to be on a mission! Good job babe. (; ANYWAY.

So Christmas morning was the usual opening presents and such, and then it was time. Caden was supposed to Skype at eleven,  so I headed to his grandparents house with his whole fambam to wait for the call. It wasn't until like noon an HOUR after he was supposed to that we got the call. That hour was the longest ever. His mom and I's eyes never left that computer screen. Haha. But once his face popped up on the screen, it was all worth it. I could not stop smiling. The first of the call he couldn't see me, and he asked his mom "is everyone there?" "yep everyone's here" "ohh okay..!" She then turned the screen so he could see everyone and kinda scanned the room. Once it got to me he was like "BABY!!" I died. It was the cutest thing ever. I felt like we had just met cause of how shy/smitten I was. I like didn't even know what to say. I just wanted to hear that voice and see his smile. We talked for a minute, and one thing he said was "Gosh I just want to cuddle you so bad! I miss that. I tried with my comp, but he isn't even down." Hahah.

He then told us stories, and talked with everyone else. He told us how he had to clean up a man's suicide the night before, so obviously that was scarring. I can't imagine. He loves his companion! They actually only live three minutes away from eachother back home, yet had never met. CRAZY. However,  they do have a bunch of mutual friends and their brothers actually know each other! Such a small world. He expressed that he knows he Is with this comp for a reason, and they're a great team. (: After a while his immediate family and I went in another room to talk more privately.

Lots of tears, laughs, and more tears happened here. His little brother Kennan and Caden are like sidekicks. They are so close. So It was so tough seeing their interaction. You can tell they love each other and miss one another like crazy. We all had our time to talk, and then before we knew it we were almost out of time. Saying goodbye sucked. To say the least. The last few minutes of the call it was focused on me, his little brother, and his mom. Caden turned to his companion and said "You see those three right there? Those are the ones I'm most worried about. Because I love them more than anything." ♥ We said our goodbyes, and far too soon he disappeared off the screen.

I love this boy more than anything. It was the best Christmas present I could have ever asked for. I'm so grateful his family invited me to come share this with them. I'm so proud of him, and now I just need to wait until Mother's day so I can see him again. (: I love you Elder Madsen. ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment